Monday, April 11, 2011

In the Beginning, There was Form and Substance

This idea came to me in series of bursts. I got an Android, and the capabilities are limitless. I love hiking and the earth is fascinating. My children also love "exploring". We call rocks treasures. They are. Why not combine the blog with YouTube, and our adventures while exploring the land around us. Hopefully, my children will develop the desire to learn about the world around them, including what most consider boring, such as rocks.

Our first areas of interest are in California. I recently moved to Beaumont in Riverside county, which is in a mountain pass. There are interesting rocks here, such as immature geodes and garnets. In two weeks my son and  I will be collecting specimens to study on our road trip to Northern California, using all the wonderful features of my new Android.

Check back soon for our first Rock Study.

No comments:

Post a Comment