Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Preparation

I am preparing for my first documented geological exploration. Sounds serious. The climate in Beaumont is mild. Snakes should not be too much of a problem, yet. My groovy new phone, the android LG Optimus S (2.2.2) has taken six hours to fully charge.

I plan to go on a few hikes today in different areas around Beaumont, Ca. The first trip will help me refine my equipment needs. This is funny, because my phone is my techie equipment. I will be figuring out the appropriate aps for successful geological exploration. This project is very inexpensive, and way better than Disneyland, as family adventures depart whenever and can take less than an hour.

I will be walking on a bluff near my  back yard. There are a couple interesting colored rocks there. Green and pink. I will photograph specimens and record the areas data, as best I can. Research will be done at home, and viola! Everyone will be a rock smarter... te he

No comments:

Post a Comment